Soya Milk is a refreshing rich drink. Drink a glass every morning to start your day on a good note. Use it to wash down your meals, when eating snacks: cookies, Nigerian Puff Puff and many more.
It is plant protein (milk from a plant) hence a great alternative to cow milk for those have lactose intolerance.
Ingredients for making Soya Milk
To make soya milk, you need just 4 ingredients:
- 1 De Rica cup soya beans (650g or 1.4 lbs)
- 4 litres (1 gallon) cold water
- 15 dates (dabino, dátil, datte)
- 1 vanilla pod or 1 cap vanilla flavour
Directions for making Soya Milk
- Peel the Soya beans with LACHI Beans Peeler.
- Blend the Soya beans.
- Strain the blend using a sieve.
- Pour the resulting soya milk into a big pot and start cooking on medium heat. Stir it often so it does not stick to the bottom of the pot.
- When it is about to boil, scoop out the foam so it does not over-flow.
- Add the vanilla pods. Keep stirring and keep cooking for another 5 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Turn off the heat and leave to cool down completely.
- Then strain again using a chiffon cloth, cheese cloth or lady’s stocking to remove the finest particles.
- Pour into a bottle, cover and keep in your fridge. Drink within 2 or 3 days. If you want to keep it for much longer, keep it in the freezer.